Welcome Back! It’s been 5 months since we left the pool due to the COVID19 virus, and although we have all done our best to stay fit I am sure our members are going to find the first few weeks a little tough.
Returning To The Pool
There are going to be some significant changes to the way in which our swimmers and water polo players can access their training.
- Changes to the days and times on which they train
- Restricted numbers per session
- Swimmers being placed in a group/lane for training (bubble)
- To arrive at the pool ‘beach ready’ this means swimwear under your main clothes
- All swimmers will be required to have their own equipment i.e. float; pullbuoy (no sharing of equipment or use of Pelican equipment)
- Limited use of changing rooms (there will be no access to shower facilities)
- No spectators (unless child is 8 years or under)
It is important that everyone is aware and understands that all swimmers and water polo players will be allocated a group/day/time on which they can train. These groups cannot and will not be changed.
Our new regime will remain in place until Government and Swim England guidelines change. However we are hoping to review it at the end of October.
Our Head Coaches have been working on the new session schedule and are hoping that all groups in the swimming and water polo sections will have sufficient water time to meet their training needs.
So that the Head Coaches can finalise their groupings, all members must confirm if they will be returning to their allocated groups/days/times.
Please respond to the emails sent our by our club president (Diane Stafford). You must also set up your monthly direct debit as requested to ensure you secure your place within the team and your allocated timings to avoid further delay to your pool time.
The club has produced its own protocols and guidelines and these will be shared with all members prior to our return to the pool. We have appointed 2 x Covid-19 Leads – Danielle Jeffery-Leyland and Diane Stafford and they will keep us updated with any amendments from the Government, Swim England or Pelican Centre. Further volunteer COVID Officers will be appointed to ensure all sessions run inline with the guidelines and advise the children on safety matter where applicable.
SEE YOU ALL VERY SOON!!